background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Salmon" Apple Cupcakes?

Red icing - REALLY! That is a chore that I was not prepared for. Not mentally, physically. I did not buy enough red food coloring - not even sure the store had that much anyway. We did a THANK YOU for all our teachers and all the hard work they put together for our new school I saw this idea HERE and thought - ahhh - perfect! Well, i don't normally try to show my interpretation of a great thing when it goes wrong but I just can't help it. Look at hers - how round they are, the leaves are cute, etc. Anyway mine tasted good and the teachers were thrilled.


48 of these red babies (or salmon colored as I liked to call them) all over the counter, all afternoon. i still have pink in my nails!


Here is how they looked once they were on the plate...who knew tootsie rolls would melt in room temp - i guess if you live in florida, anything can melt.


It's the thought that counts, right? That's what I'm telling myself anyway. Happy Tuesday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment