background

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I heard Angels Singing!!!

Soooo, as a MAJOR bonus to my trip - I happened upon this fabulous "little" scrapbook/craft store: http://papertales.typepad.com/ which I had seen on several blogs. Just a quick story about this:

Braden had gotten sick and we had to call the pediatrician for a prescription. The CVS was unknowingly located in the same plaza. David was waiting for them to finish it so i took the kids down the way for lunch. I walked right past it the first time. As we sat outside waiting for lunch I said "Am I sitting outside a scrapbook store?" Abbi: "Yes, you are." David: "No, it's a junk store." Abbi/Mason: "no it's a scrapbook store" David: " If you kids want to make it to SeaWorld today, it's a junk store!" Well, I proceeded to visit while the food was being prepared and the Angels Began to Sing (at least in my head anyway) There was so much scrapbooking goodness in such a tiny space I could hardly contain myself.

However, I knew I wouldn't be able to shop or even absorb all this goodness with everyone waiting (including Shamu) so we made mental note to return (Thank Goodness for GPS). So on our last full day, we returned and I took a solid hour to just look at it all and carefully make my choices. And took a few photos for a friend - wink;)

She had tons of vintage beads, crystals, wallpapers, notebook paper, books, etc.

Just look at all that!




I was inspired by the things she used to display stuff - so wish she wasn't on the other side of the country.


It really turned into a Jenni Bowlin kind of day - all the stuff I've seen on the blogs but was too cheap to pay shipping for - was now at my fingertips!


As well as LYB, Basic Grey, and 7 Gypsies!


Here is a new line: Echo Park (which reminds me ALOT of American Crafts.) The sales person says she believe the originator actually worked with American Crafts so that would make sense.


My favorite paper purchase was this piece with the sun on it! Saw Stephanie Howell use this a few times and just loved it. Thinking about which pic would be the perfect one for it!


More JBS (left) and a new line I hadn't seen before: Websters Pages. Very vintagy and I didn't buy a ton of it but loved these few pages.


Cosmo Cricut's Sew Cute - thought I would scrap some of my new sewing ventures on this - can't wait - might actually step outside that OCD tendency and scrap out of order - GASP!


Cosmo Cricut Travels


And my last purchase (really only shopped at Paper Tales and the Airport) was this great bag by Fossil. Loved it and walked away. Came back and walked away. Finally, David went back and got it for me - he said I was worth it but I wonder if he was feeling "guilty" for his two Tommy Bahama belts he bought (on sale though) Either way, it's fabulous and I love him for it!
NOTE: It's not as bright in person - a bit more "olivey" if that's a word.


Hope you enjoyed this little venture into what awaits us outside of Panama City. So nice to go away, SO NICE to come home. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment