background

Friday, July 9, 2010

A little something EXTRA!!!

So I thought I'd post this since it's current (as in recently finished as opposed to the timing of the event) This is the twins party last year at Gulf World. When I went shopping for stuff I didn't want to be too "watery" but wanted the colors to "pop" I'm not usually an Anna Griffin fan for the kids because it's so "formal" but I loved the color and the left hand paper actually looked like coral 9at least I thought so. Anyway, This layout took like three days (not straight) and I spent alot of time cutting out details and piecing things together. Even made a rosette - sorta.



Here is a close-up of the rosette - it was sheer ribbon that I just pulled the edge on one side. thise gave me a bit of a challenge adhering it but I think I finally got it. It's on a punched scalloped circle, which is layered behind one of the circles cut out of one of the papers and then topped with another cut-out and a jewel. I tried to keep the silver from the bubbles on the invitation. I felt including the invitation removed a need for alot of random journaling.



Another time consumer was the title. I originally just wanted the teal but it didn't "pop" again the background - can you see the "look" of coral? So then I put it onto the green and coated it with the clear acrylic/glass stuff. Kinda looks like water without being too cheesy.



All paper is Anna Griffin. Black letters= making memories, ribbon & jewels = misc.


Hope you get to do something fun/creative today!

No comments:

Post a Comment