background

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Canada, eh?

So we are back and hopefully getting into some version of normal - Lord knows this past week wasn't it but maybe next week will be better?!? I was informed that my blog was lacking so I thought my first order would be to share some of our Canada trip photos today. This was one of the most relaxing trips we've ever had. We enjoyed the snow and despite our Florida roots, went outside every day for something adventurous. Today pics are primarily of the snow shoe hike we went on on Wednesday.

Isn't this amazing?!? Clouds hovering but sun above and below. iphones could not do this one justice!
It is impossible to appear thin by any stretch of the imagine while wearing all this gear. By the end of this three hour hike I was sweaty and ready start shedding some layers.

If only Grandma's house had been over these rivers and through these woods!



Instead, was this amazing view of the setting sun skimming the tops of the trees in the valley below - God's amazing handiwork for sure!


For just a few minutes our guide left us to check out a section of the trail - when he came back we followed him to this amazing edge of the mountain - completely snow covered and untouched - stunning!



This was me playing with my F-stop on my camera - worked out well considering the branches are clear and the background is NOT:)

We try to never forget how truely blessed we are and have been to travel this great globe. We have visited Canada twice and it has been such a blessing.


I can share more of our adventures real soon but seeing as how my tree has no decorations except for its pre-lit ones, I figure I should get busy doing all that. Funny little story first ... I told the kids I thought we might just put up their 3-foot tree and call it done. Abbi's reply ... "you can't do that, it's ILLEGAL!!!" Where are those Christmas police???

No comments:

Post a Comment