background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkey Shirts!

Sooo, you still have time to make a cute Turkey Shirt (never fear, I will be right there with ya as my daughter whom I presumed would think she was too old now wants one too!) Here is a tutorial (the best I can do right now)..

The finished product...

Of course you start with a brown shirt - I guess you could change colors if you wanted - orange could be super cute too!

Then I traced the turkey body on the reverse side of my brown polka dot material. I used this because I already had it on hand.

Then I adhered one sided fusible webbing so the turkey would be "fluffy" - he is about to experience Thanksgiving right?


Then I began to attach the feathers. I used all different colors and patterns to be festive (and these were also items I already had on hand from my ribbon wreath from last year) Ribbon is something I can never throw away until the spool is empty.

I pinned each piece on (sewing only a couple at a time and then placing the turkey body on to make sure the stitchin is covered up.


Then I sewed on the turkey body. I used a zigzag stitch but also set it on the button hole so it looks like it is embroidered - kinda!

Anyway, I am hoping the two little sweeties I made these for are super excited to wear them!


Happy Tuesday - we have playdates and some early Christmas shopping to handle today - FUN STUFF!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment