background

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy "Halloweens Over" Day! I don't know about you but I am glad to have yesterday behind us and focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas (yep, I said Christmas!)

Today I have an easy sewing project for a cute baby gift - a diaper bib! This was a gift for Braden's teacher whose daughter had a baby a few weeks ago. He was LARGE - like TEN lbs large - quite shocking to someone who had two babies that didn't weight that much combined! I said that to say that everyone around here is worried it won't fit him!

Here is a bit of the process (not quite officially a tutorial). I used some leftover fabric from another project and a thick cloth diaper. Diaper was the front side and the fabric and neck tie were the polka dot.



After cutting out the two pieces I pinned them together and just straight stiched the edges.

Almost done...


Then I pinned the tie on and used a zigzag stitch to sew it into place - I think that gives it a bit more of an appliqued feel.


Tadah!!!!

I love it - do you? Imagine some for the Christmas holiday or think pink for the girls. Want one? Just let me know!


Happy Tuesday - we're off to have school spirit night at Chick-fil-a of all places - what could be better? Dinner "out" and money for the school! Yes sir, quite a deal.


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment