background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A New Year - A Better Me!

As I grow older I want to reflect more...on where I've been but just as importantly...where I want to go. I do not believe my life just floats on a raft without any control from me. I do believe that as a Christian I must pray, seek guidance, and then act upon those instructions. I want to be better everyday and that only comes with a conscious desire to please the Lord. I got this idea from a great blogger: ThisGreatBlog




37 ......

(things to accomplish & words to live by)



* the only person I can control is: ME!

* make pillows for my swing & couches.

*use more coupons (minus the 3ring binder per Abbi)

* require my children to clean up after themselves - more personal responsibility is the goal.

* run a half marathon.

*"What you see is what you get" (courtesy of my FIL)

*decorate for the particular holiday season before said holiday is nearly over. experience talking

*take family canoeing.

*eat less processed foods and more "real" food - this will make my mother happy for sure!

*remember my 2011 Word of the Year - CHOICE.

*make curtains for the office.

* "It's not the load that breaks you down, it's how you carry it." Lena Horne

* bake more.

* submit something, anything for publishing. Just to get over the fear of it.

* Be a quality friend-the kind I'd like to have.

* buy a new camera.

* eat less.

* exercise consistently.

* teach my kids to have a more grateful heart.

*put more money in savings.

* eat at home more.

* quit looking and start doing. (i.e. - all those beautiful blog projects I admire - do them!)

*The two most imortant things she learned was there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. (this hangs on my wall in my office to remind me.)

* find a good bread pudding recipe and spruce it up.

* don't speak ugly of my husband to others.

*get to where I am only one year behind in childrens scrapbooks.

* speak regularly to my children about God's provisions.

*lose the "last 10 pounds!" (A girl can always hope!)

* speak kindness to those who offend me

*waste less.

* study my Bible more. Not just read, really study.

* learn to say no more - not to be rude but in order to keep my priorites in order.

* read more books.

* "To live a creative life we must lose the fear of being wrong."

* survive the Sprint Triathlon swim portion - and try to look good doing it!

* "Judge not that ye be not judged" The Holy Bible


My intentions are to scrapbook this list real soon so it can be posted prominantly in my space. Maybe even where they can be checked off as we go. Look for that real soon.


Thank you to all my family & friends who love me despite the fact that all these things above are still on a to do list - I am grateful for you place in my life and am happy to have another year to spend with you all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment