background

Monday, January 23, 2012

Why I Save SOOOO Much Stuff --

So again I say, Boy layouts are much tougher than girl layouts - at least for me. I want to do fun without crossing the line to girly and now that he is "older" I don't want it too baby-ish either. This layout sorta evolved (you know how that is - no idea really but then it sorta morphs into something good).
I had NO plan for a pocket when I first started (I feel like every school layout has those - enough already) however, when I found this writing of his that coincided with the dates of the photos - I couldn't leave it out. We try to get them to write as often as possible. Mason is excellent at writing and as he gets older it only gets more descriptive. If you read this you see he is very matter of fact on this page about what had happened. Apparently I had been trying to drive home the point of "you are responsible for your own actions" and this is how it translated in his mind - misspelled words and all. I love how matter of fact (logical) he is!

I journaled above and below what he had written instead of where it is visible on the page. Some pages the journaling gets lost.


I still can get away with buttons (I think) so I added one here in the middle of the cardstock sticker for dimension/texture.

Here I used a brad again for texture - orange is NOT a girl color!


It sure is fun finding little treasures like this which is exactly why I save so much stuff - one day I think he will treasure it as much as I do - or at least his wife and children will for sure!


What are you up to today - would sure love to hear it! I am going to try to make a belated gift that will now most likely turn into an early Valentine's present. Decorate for Valentines and some other misc. stuff. Enjoy the new week.


Products: Brad/Buttons - Paper Studio

Paper - Basic Grey

Cardstock stickers/alpha - Echo Park

No comments:

Post a Comment