background

Monday, July 11, 2011

Paper & Thread

I have a scrappy post today. I pulled out the sewing machine and changed the thread (my least favorite part of that hobby and the reason why I don't do it as often - lame - I know!) to do some 4th of July shirts for the children, to be shared in a later post as I forgot to take photos before they were actually on said children. And since my thread was white it worked "perfectly" on this layout.

Now as you look at this layout you may not recognize these people. It's o.k., you're not going crazy! This is my super fun military customer who is currently stationed in Italy. She and her cute little family get to go all kinds of AMAZING places and she gives me the honor of preserving those memories.

I have done most of the album in real travel inspired, neutral-ish colors but the bathing suit and water in this one was calling for some color. I mimic the suns rays and "mounted" the pic of her daughter and then tied it in with the title block.

Instead of a drawn line border, double zig-zag stitch worked great.

These suns rays were hand drawn and crafted by yours truly, Intended to be a bit "abstract" but I think they worked out pretty well.

Whether it's stitching or not, I hope this post inspires you to pull out an old tool and use it again. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment