background

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I don't have to....


Do what other mothers do....I have to do what is best for this guy! I don't have to do what my mother did... she wasn't the parent to this eleven year old who needs something different. We have to do what makes them thrive.... because he LOVES this....

He loves to chase that ball - he loves to believe he is good at it - he needs to know I am his biggest fan - no matter the day or the trials - He is my heart!


I have to take care of this precious jewel - who is full of spunk, kindness, and such amazing thoughts and ideas.
Because she too.... LOVES to do this! Does it matter that it's not the thing everyone expects us to do... NO. Does it matter that she would give life and limb (and take a beating) to be there?? I think that says something about her passion... I should feed this and not torture us all with things that don't spark that passion.
Because I have more than one amazing child - I have three! How did I become so blessed??? This guy is phenomenal - he loves to learn... just the other day they were learning about the earth's core and all it's order. He came home, went outside, and came back in to inform that he was upset because he couldn't find the shovel to dig to the earth's core.... he takes it all so seriously and that is wonderful.
Because he LOVES this...Karate....he thinks about it constantly and I am proud that he has his own thing...that is important for children... I am learning just how much so...
We have to do what makes our family work...does it work for yours... maybe....will it work for ours...we can try...but when it doesn't, we can't be afraid to stand up for what works at our home. I have been blessed with an amazing husband who loves his Lord, his family and isn't afraid to work hard to keep it all together... when he says "you gotta let it go" ... I have to learn to listen...because family and home are so much more important than the appearances, the bank accounts, or other peoples opinions. Am I totally there yet??? Not on your life, Am I working on it....ABSOLUTELY! We will be changing, transitioning and learning more about ourselves over the next few weeks and months. I pray that in the end, it is all good, but praying even more that the journey to where we are going will be one of bonding and loving and learning.
Praying you have a day full of things that work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment